Top 25 Secrets of a Successful Blogger
Blogging is getting very popular online. Many new blogs are burgeoning every day. But what are the secrets of becoming a successful blogger?
- Think about what you would like to blog about. It could be anything of your interest like sports or movies etc.
Choose a good blog host. There are many good free and paid blog host sites available like blogger, wordpress etc.
- Define your audience. Target a specific audience and blog to cater to their needs.
- Give a suitable title. Choose such a title which would reflect the content of your blog. Make it catchy and amusing.
- Pick out an attractive theme. Use a theme that complements your content and which is not too loud to make text legible.
- Be unique. Cater fresh and unique content every time, to become a successful blogger.
- Let your blog reflect your personality to make audience connect to you.
- Give your readers a piece of your mind. Your content should portray your thoughts, opinions and take on the world.
- Take care of what you say. Your content should never be offensive to any person or community.
- Get your facts straight. If you are blogging about topics related to history, news etc.; be sure to give the correct date, facts and other research material.
- Put a content that is not anywhere else available on the internet. It is the key to a successful blog.
- Read other’s blogs. Go through your competitors’ blogs, analyze them, identify their secret of success and try to employ them in your own blog.
- Keep a track of what is going on in the blog world. Be up-to-the-minute on current trends and developments online.
- Add new content on a regular basis. A blogger that is active and updates his blog periodically keeps his audience anchored and makes his blog successful.
- Keep your readers interested. It’s imperative that you keep the tone and content of your blog fresh and absorbing.
- Edit and proofread your own post before publishing. Your language should be grammatically correct and clean.
- Be consistent. Stick to the subject of your blog. Create related content regularly.
- Connect. Encourage a two-way interaction. Invite comments and feedback and publish them.
Discuss. Make your blog a platform for audience and the blogger to share ideas and discuss them to ensure its popularity and success.
- Respect your reader’s opinions. If a reader corrects you or takes objection on any of your content apologize and moderate your post in question.
- Comment on others’ blogs. Leave friendly and appreciative comments with your blog’s link. This will encourage those bloggers to do the same for you and increase your audience in return.
- Optimize your blog. While writing a new post, make use of sites such as ϋbersuggest and employ the most searched keywords in it.
- Advertise your blog. Promote your blog through online forums, social networking sites, making ads and sending e-mails to generate more page views. This will help you make money and be a successful blogger.
Employ advertisements on your blog. Make use of the ad generators like Google AdSense to put up ads on your blog and earn through pay per click.
- Don’t come on to look as too desperate or selfish. Don’t keep on talking about yourself and promote other blogs, organizations or products as well.