Alienware is an American computer hardware subsidiary of Dell. It was established in 1996 by Nelson Gonzalez and Alex Aguila. Alienware’s corporate base camp is situated in The Hammocks, unincorporated Miami-Dade County, Florida, close Miami. It mainly assembles third party components into desktops and laptops with custom enclosures for high-performance gaming. These products likewise bolster graphically serious applications, for example, video editing, simulation, and audio editing. It also offers for sale rebadged computer peripherals, such as headsets, computer mice, monitors and keyboards. Their hardware has distinctive “sci-fi” styling, typically including decorative lighting. At first, Dell kept up its competing XPS line of gaming PCs, frequently offering PCs with comparable specifications.
Product development of gaming PCs was united with Dell’s gaming division, with Alienware turning into Dell’s chief gaming brand on June 2, 2009, The M17x was presented as the principal Alienware/Dell marked framework. This launch additionally extended Alienware’s worldwide reach from 6 to 35 nations while supporting 17 different languages.
Alienware announced that it will be releaseing a series of computer game consoles beginning in 2014, intending to contend with the Sony PlayStation, Nintendo Wii U, and the Microsoft Xbox.The first version in this series, the Alpha, ran Windows 8.1. The operating system and ability to play PC games is what separates the Alpha from the eighth generation of video game consoles. At E3 2016, Alienware reported the second interpretation of the Alpha, the Alpha R2. The R2 includes sixth era Intel processors, a decision of either the AMD Radeon R9 M470X or Nvidia GeForce 960 illustrations cards, and support for Alienware’s restrictive Graphics Amplifier. It likewise delivers with Windows 10.
- M11x R3: An 11″ laptop that contains a 2nd generation Intel Core i5 and i7 processors, 11-inch display, and up to 2GB NVIDIA video memory. The video chip is soldered onto the motherboard making it not upgradeable. Emphasizes portability with relatively small frame and low weight (4.5 lbs.), especially when compared to other performance/gaming laptops.
- M14x: A 14″ laptop that is fully-equipped with 2nd generation Intel Core i5 and i7 processors, 1600MHz DDR3 memory, up to 3GB NVIDIA GeForce GT555M graphics memory, and wireless HD audio/video streaming. The graphics chip is soldered onto the motherboard making it not upgradeable.
- M17x R3: A 17 inch laptop with i7 Sandy Bridge, configurable with AMD HD 6990 or HD 6870, or nVidia GTX 560M. Replaced the M17x R2 and R1 but no longer supports dual graphics to give the M18x the top performaing Alienware laptop. Noted as one of the first laptops with HDMI in. Screen is 3D-capable.
- M18x: An 18″ laptop that features Extreme Edition Intel Core i7 processors, 18.4” Wide Full HD 1920 x 1080 W-LED display, up to 32GB of high performance memory, and optional dual graphics cards/hard drives. It is currently the top performing laptop of the current Alienware lineup taking the place of the M17x R2 and is also noted as one of the first laptops with HDMI in.
- Area-51: A gaming desktop with support for NVIDIA SLI/ATI CrossFire graphics technologies which enable the use of multiple graphics processing units, active venting, and several other features.
- Area-51 ALX: The ALX (ight-performance) counterpart to the Area-51 features multiple memory enhancements, among other upgrades, typical of the ALX line.
- Aurora: The Aurora, Alienware’s most popular desktop, comes with factory-overclocked processors with Turbo Boost 2.0 technology, liquid cooling, CrossFire/SLI support, and other items.
- Aurora ALX: As with the Area-51 ALX, this version of the Aurora features memory enhancements, as well as adding active venting to the case to work alongside the Aurora’s liquid cooling.
- M15x: A 15.6″ laptop. Discontinued in favor of M14x and scaled down M17x R3.