Salesforce Interview Questions
Salesforce is the number one platform in cloud computing with greater than 40% market share within the Cloud CRM house and more than 15% within the overall CRM space. Here are the Salesforce interview questions covers top 25 questions for both experienced and fresher.
1. Define Salesforce?
Salesforce is defined as a CRM(Customer Relationship Management) deliverd as SaaS -Software as-a-Service.
2. What is a custom object in Salesforce?
It is a database table normally used to store data related to a company in Salesforce.com.
3. What are the things that can be done by defining a custom object?
- Create custom fields
- Associate the custom object with other records
- In custom related lists, it display the custom object data
- For custom object, records track events and tasks
- Build page layouts
- To analyze custom object data create dashboards and reports
- Share your custom tabs, custom apps, custom objects and any other related components
- For the custom object create a custom tab
4. What is the trigger?
It is a code that is executed before or after the record is updated or inserted.
5. What are the actions in workflow?
- Field Update
- Outbound Message
6. How many controllers can be utilized in a visual force page?
We can use one controller and as many extension controllers.
7. List some difference between isNull and isBlank?
isBlank supports for Text Field
isNull supports for Number Field
8. Mention the use of the static resource in Salesforce?
9. List some difference between force.com and Salesforce.com?
Salesforce.com is a SaaS (Software as a Service) while force.com is a PaaS (Platform as a Service).
10. List the ways by which we can call the Apex class?
- Web Service
- Email Service
- Visual Force Page
11. List differences between Profile and Role?
Profile: It is object level and field level access and it is necessary for all users.
Role: It is Record Level access and it is not necessary for all users.
12. Mention the maximum size of the PDF generated on Visualforce attribute renderAs?
The maximum size is 15 MB.
13. List three types of object relations is Salesforce?
- One to Many
- Many to Many
- Master Detail
14. Explain how salesforce is useful in tracking sales?
Salesforce records all the details like daily sales volume, sales manager detailed reports, the sales numbers in each month or quarter and customers served daily. Also, Salesforce track of the repeat customer, which is the key success of any sales.
15. List the different types of custom setting in Salesforce?
- Hierarchy Type
- List Type
16. Is it possible to schedule a dynamic dashboard in Salesforce?
No, it is not possible to schedule a dynamic dashboard in Salesforce.
17. Explain what is a dashboard in Salesforce?
Dashboard represents the pictorial representation of the report, and it allows us to add 20 reports in a single dashboard.
18. List the benefits of Salesforce CRM?
- Deploy analytical approach to customer acquisition
- Reduce cost and improve customer satisfaction
- Automation of repetitive and less important tasks
- Improve efficiency and enhance communication on all fronts
- It Ensuring faster and better sales opportunity
19. Explain the standard profiles in Salesforce?
- System Administration
- Standard User
- Read Only
- Solution Manager
- Marketing User
20. What is Audit trail?
It is used to track all the recent setup changes that the administration does to the organization. It stores last 6 months data.
21. Mention what is the difference between SOQL and SOSL?
|SOQL ( Salesforce Object Query Language)||SOSL (Salesforce Object Search Language)|
22. How many relationship is included in SDFC ?
There are two type of relationship
- Lookup Relationship
- Master Relationship
23. How many Lookup and Master detail relationship created in one object?
For one object 25 relationship is possible and 2 Master Detail are allowed
24. How many Roll-Up relations can we create in one object?
We can create 10 Roll-Up relations in one object.
25. What is Manual Sharing?
It is used to share a record to a particular user manually . Manual Sharing button is enabled only when OWD is private to that object.