The Nokia really is one of the key memories of youth and was quite extraordinary worldwide. Here we are going to look at 10 facts about this humble yet groundbreaking mobile phone.
1. Compared to today phone battery, The battery of the Nokia 3310 is truly spectacular. The 3310 was capable of 55-hours talk time, that is more than 2 solid days, and 245 hour standby time, an astounding 10 days.
2. After 17 years, Nokia consented to discharge a literal representation of every millennia’s childhood nostalgia. The new 3310 was a touch of let-down however, with its smooth lines and touch screen show, many individuals were less than pleased… on the plus side it does have snake.
3. The average phone to date takes around 20 seconds to boot up from off to ready to go, the Nokia took an amazing 8 seconds before you could crack open the messenger or the built in currency converter
4. The 3310 truly broke the mold in a range of ways, when it came to informing the Nokia exceeded every one of its opponents by having a messaging character limit of an unbelievable 459, that is 3 times as far as possible for that time. The standard today is 160 characters
5. The 3310 quite rightly holds the title of indestructible, if you drop a modern phone they’ll instantly shatter into a million pieces (or at least it feels that way). The 3310 has been keep running over by a train, dropped from eye-watering heights and even faced power tools and still prevailed.
6. In 2015, Finland became the first country to release a series of national emoji. Alongside a sauna and head-banging rocker was the instantly recognizable Nokia 3310. The country fittingly titled the image “Unbreakable.”
7. When the iPhone went on sale it sold a colossal 25 million units, or you would say its colossal until someone tells you the Nokia 3310 sold over 400% more, at a whopping 126 million units.
8. In the UK, The Sun daily paper discharged an astonishing story of a man who had purchased a 3310 when they initially returned out in 2000 and now, 17 years on, the Yorkshireman is as yet utilizing his trusty favorite and doesn’t even care about its technological inferiority.
9. The moderate 3310 was outlined at the Nokia Site in Copenhagen, Denmark with a solid concentrate on suiting to individuals’ needs, not driving them to embrace another lifestyle like numerous other huge brands of the day were doing. Just look at the simplistic display and layout to realize this is true.
10. The Nokia 3310 was the first phone to allow a user to internet chat, a daydream to most teens of the time. Appeared at various shows around the world, this little feature really did draw an immense amount of interest. When set in ‘chat mode’ users could send and receive messages in enhanced SMS format