A Digital Marketing professional is responsible for developing strategy used in marketing a company’s product online by utilizing the techniques in the field as Web analytics, email marketing, social media and search engine optimization, among others. This article helps the job seekers in the field of Digital Marketing. I have covered important digital marketing interview questions only.
1. What is Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing is a way to promote a product or brand via one of the electronic media. It includes various techniques like SEM, SEO and link building.
2. What are the types of Digital Marketing?
- Display advertising
- Affiliate marketing
- Search engine marketing
- Search engine optimization
- Referral marketing
- Social media marketing
- Email marketing
- Inbound marketing
3. How can you categorize Digital marketing?
The two segments of digital marketing are
- Inbound marketing
- Outbound Marketing
4. Define SEO?
SEO-Search engine optimization is the process used to increase the number of visitors to a website. It will improve the way the content is ranked by the search engine which includes Google, Yahoo, Bing etc.
5. What is a keyword in digital marketing? How important is it for SEO?
Keyword is the word that visitor’s enters into a search engine to find the needed information.
6. List the key area where you can use keywords to optimize the site ranking?
To get better page ranking you must use keywords in following areas
- In Website URL
- In Website title
- In Meta tag
- In page content
- In body text
- In headlines
7. What is Inbound Marketing?
Inbound marketing uses social media, webinars or e-letters and digital content in e-book to increase the number of clicks on links.
8. What is Outbound Marketing?
Outbound marketing includes cold-calls, e-mails, placing ads to reach out to customers through digital media.
9. List the approach for effective Pay Per Click Campaign?
- Add More relevant keyword
- Improve Click-through Rate (CTR) by splitting Ad groups
- Review under performing keywords
- Add negative keywords
10. List top 5 online marketing tools?
- Google Analytics
- Google Webmaster tool
11. What is on-page optimization?
On-page optimization deals with the content and structure of the website or a blog.
12. What is off-page optimization?
Off page optimization is used to increase your search engine ranking by getting high quality external links pointing back to it.
13. List the advantages of Digital Marketing?
- Large audience
- Easy to measure
- High conversion rates
14. What is PPC?
Pay per click (PPC) also known as Cost per click. In this technique the advertiser pays the publisher (website owner) when the ads are clicked.
15. List the primary models for determining Pay-Per-Click?
- Flat rate PPC.
- Bid based PPC.
16. What is the limitation of description tag and title tag?
The Meta description tag can be between 160-170 characters and title tag can be between 66-70 characters.
17. Explain the meaning of CTR and how it can be calculated?
CTR is also known as Click through rate. This technique tells you the number of visitors visited on your ad on the web page.
Formula for calculating CTR
Number of clicks/Number of impressions *100
18. How can we make a page URL more apt for optimization?
- Keep it short
- Minimize numbers and symbols
- Hyphens separate best
- Never use nested subdirectories
19. What are the characteristics of bad links?
- Links from sites that are unrelated to your site.
- Links from the low page rank and low traffic sites
- Links from sites that are not in the Google index.
- Paid links
20. What is meant by Ad rank?
Ad rank shows your ad position on the Google page and it is determined by your bid for that keyword and quality score.
21. Does Google use Keyword tags?
No, Google does not make use of Keyword tags.
22. Which is better Meta Robots Tag or Robots.txt?
Meta Robots Tag is better to use as it helps in forcing the search engine crawlers not to display and index the hidden pages in your server.
23. How will you increase the Pagerank of a page?
By building more quality Backlinks from a authority site and high page ranking web pages.
24. List some tools to check Backlinks of your competitors site?
- Backlink Watch
- Open Site Explorer
- Backlink finder
25. Define anchor text?
Clickable text written on the hyperlink is known as Anchor text.